My sister-in-law, Heidi, recently shared this "Power Granola" recipe with me. I tried it out this weekend and LOVE it. So, now I am sharing it with anyone I think might enjoy it. It is delicious with yogurt, milk, or plain! :)
Power Granola
2 c. regular oats
1/3 c. ground flaxseed
1/4 c. chopped walnuts
1/4 c. chopped slivered almonds
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/3 c. orange juice
1/3 c. honey
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 tsp. canola oil (I used safflower oil.)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
cooking spray
1/3 c. dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Combine orange juice, honey, and brown sugar in a sauce pan and heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and add oil and vanilla.
Pour honey mixture over oat mixture until coated. Pour mixture into a jellyroll pan coated with cooking spray. Make sure mixture is spread out and bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes. Stir well and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Pour into a bowl and add dried cranberries. Cool completely. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. Enjoy!
1 comment:
Sounds delicious! Can't wait to try it. We are definately granola fans in this house :-) Isaac especially - he would eat it all day everyday if he could.
Post a Comment