Well, it seems this semester I have lacked in my cooking abilities (there weren't too many before, actually :) It's more so been that I haven't been organized enough to make time to make meals and therefore eat a lot of peanut butter sandwiches. So, one night Tom and I decided that we would make lasagna together. Neither of us had made it before but didn't think it seemed too complicated. It turned out to be delicious! The best part was that it lasted four days! :)
Getting the ingredients at Cashwise!

Tom's pretty good at knowing when the noodles are done, so that was his job. :)

I made the sauce.

The finished product....delicious!

Here's the recipe we used! (It's my aunt Myrna's.)
1-8oz. box lasagna noodles (we used whole wheat...a little better for you and you can't even tell a difference)
2 pkgs. spaghetti sauce mix
12 oz. can tomato paste
2 lbs. hamburger, cooked, drained, and seasoned
Combine sauce and hamburger. Simmer while noodles cook. Drain noodles in cold water.
16 oz. mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese
Grease a 9x13 pan.
Layer:
1. noodles
2. hamburger sauce
3. parmesan cheese
4. mozzarella
Top: Sauce and mozzarella cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and let stand for 15 minutes to set.
1 comment:
Yum!! Lasagna was the ONLY meal I knew how to make growing up so it was always "my meal". It is what I made the first time I invited Brock over to have dinner with my family! Funny :-)
Post a Comment