skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Marathons and Music
On June 21, I ran Grandma's Half Marathon in Duluth, Minnesota with my friend Leah! It was such a good experience and a lot of fun! We ran with over 6,000 other runners and it was quite the thrill! (I think the full marathon had around 10,000??) It was so crazy the energy we got from running with so many other people and to have thousands of people cheering us on. It really would have been a lot harder if there weren't people there cheering us on, so if you happened to be there-thanks!
Here is Leah and myself after the race. The end of the marathon is right at Canal Park, so really beautiful.
It was a huge blessing to have some good friends there cheering us on too! My friend Mary from CBC came, as well as Joslin and Cassie, who I work with at camp (and Cassie went to CBC too). My sister Erica also came to cheer us on! Unfortunately I didn't get a picture with her. Thanks for coming everyone! I really, really appreciated it!
That evening after the marathon there was a Martin Sexton concert in Grand Rapids, which is close to the camp I work at. Martin Sexton is one of my favorite artists and it has been a dream of mine to see him live, so it was really a great day! It was a fairly small concert, so we got to see him close up and of course, the music was great.
1 comment:
Congratulations!!! Quite an accomplishment - I am impressed :-) Good pics too!!
Post a Comment