Saturday, July 26, 2008

I Love My "Job"

I can quite easily say that working at Bluewater Covenant Bible Camp has been one of the best jobs of my life. It's almost an indescribable experience, but I'll try share a little of it with you here. Each week I am a counselor for 8 to 12 girls. During this time I stay in a cabin with the campers and listen to their stories and encourage them or introduce them to Christ and the love He has for them. It's a unique setting, being we're at one of the most beautiful places in Minnesota-Bluewater Lake. This means that we also get to go water skiing, tubing, kneeboarding, hiking, biking, rock climbing, paddle boating, play carpetball, ping pong, make crafts and other activities of the like! To sum it up, it IS the life. On the weekends we generally have family reunions, church retreats, or things like that. If it's just the staff (generally Sunday evenings) we take as much advantage of the lake as possible. The staff has been a huge blessing to me in encouraging me and challenging me in my walk with Christ and servanthood. Here's a little look into our life on the lake the past few weeks.Here's Joslin and I kneeboarding-attempting to do a little switchin' up...shortly after this picture we wiped out. :)
Wahaha! Joslin not liking me splashing her!
The infamous "water bucketball" with the campers.
Chapel! (They look a little tired.)
Isn't it beautiful?!
Here are a few of the cabins of girls I've had this summer. (Above-9th and 10th grade)
5th and 6th graders
3rd and 4th graders-We have devotions with them as a cabin each night. This happened to be their last night and three of our cabins had a little party together reading "You Are Special" by Max Lucado.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Yes, you really do have THE job!! I love it there! Great pictures - I love the knee boarding ones - they turned out GREAT! Fun to see the campers too.