Saturday, March 7, 2009
A Little Bit of Home
This weekend was one of those bittersweet experiences. It was hard in that our family was together to celebrate the life of my Grandma Larson, who passed away this past Tuesday. It was a great time of getting to share stories about her and how she had touched each of us and brought us all together. It was also so wonderful to have all of our family together for a brief period of time. My family and friends have been such a blessing and I was overwhelmed by that realization quite a few times in the past 48 hours. It was just a really really good time to be together.
This is Grandma and Grandpa's barn that is just really cool looking and Ingrid's favorite barn shape. (She took the picture.) Every time I am at the farm I realize how much more I appreciate it and love being there.
Like mother like daughter? I think so! Mom and Ingrid discovered how similar they are when they came out almost completely matching this morning! We thought it was pretty funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so sorry about your grandma. I understand the bittersweet time spent celebrating/mourning a very special person. It definately makes a person extra extra thankful for the love and support of family.
Sorry about your grandma...it's never fun to lose a loved one, but I'm glad that it reminded you of the importance of family.
Post a Comment