Well, whew! Spring has definitely arrived and life has been busy and great! We are now only 7 weeks away from getting married and it is SO exciting! :) Along with that have been some fun wedding related events. At the very beginning of May I was blessed by my future sisters-in-law with a pre-bachlorette party. It was a fun evening with just a few friends, my sister Erica, and future sisters-in-law, Kari and Rebekah. (I'll have to get those pictures from someone.) Then, just after school was done for the year, Lisa (my roommate who is also engaged) and I were blessed with a combined friend wedding shower! Leah (my good friend and old roommate) and Jill (my roommate) were so kind to plan this gathering filled with good conversations, cheesecake squares (yum!), games, laughs, and gifts! Thank you everyone!
The hosts and brides: Jill, me, Lisa, Leah, and Emily (thanks for letting us use your house, Emily!)
The brides-to-be: me and Lisa!
Friends that got to come: Rebekah (she'll be my sister soon!), Cass, Leah
My small group/Chi Alpha friends!: Samantha, Anna, and Hope (Hope and Jesse are getting married in 2 weeks!)
Then, last weekend, I ran the Fargo Marathon! It was a goal I had for myself to complete in my lifetime and so it felt very good to do that and to just finish the race. :) It was a lot of fun thanks to all the spectators (including Tom, my mom and dad, my sister Erica, and other friends along the way!) and a lot of other people to run with! Around mile 20-22 it was pretty painful and I really would have liked to quit, but praise the Lord, He helped me make it through to the finish line. My goal was to finish in 4 hours, but I went a little over: 4 hours 3 minutes and I believe 24 seconds. I might have to try again to beat that time. :)
At about mile 9.
Coming in to the finish line.
After it was all done-PRAISE THE LORD! :)
1 comment:
I was just putting a post on of your wedding (YEAH!!!) and came here to try to figure out how to spell Kajsa's name. I noticed that I never commented on this post (shame on me!!) I can't believe you did the marathon!! That is so AWESOME. I am VERY impressed!! GOOD JOB!! That's great that your family was able to come watch too!
Post a Comment