Tuesday, February 17, 2009

A Word for the Y

This is where I put in a little word for the YMCA. If you didn't already know, I work at an after school program through the YMCA. Some days it is more of a challenge than others, but at the end of the day it is very rewarding and a good experience. That is all a side note to what I am really here to talk about: BODYPUMP. (This is not in bold letters because of my excitement and enthusiasm for it. Although, those things are true. That is simply the way they have it written in their description on their website...which you can visit by clicking on the link enclosed.) Because I work for the Y I get a free membership to use their facilities and group fitness classes. This is where the story begins.

Leah and I just decided to try out BODYPUMP last week and became instant fans. It is forty-five minutes of whole body workout. I'm telling you, I am working muscles I never knew I had before. There is therefore much soreness and aching, but it feels so good! Does that make sense? Good pain? Well, that's what it feels like to me. Forty-five minutes may sound like a long time of lifting, but it goes SO fast and you are working to really fun music. I'm telling you, JOIN! Leah and I are so glad we did. (I'll work on getting a live testimony from Leah and add as a video later.)

Have a good week!
p.s. If you click on the title of this post it will take you to the YMCA website where it has its description of BODYPUMP.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Greta,

What site are you at? I used to do before and after school at Madison.

Greta said...

Who is "minnesotamom"? Just checking :)

Anonymous said...

Click on the link that says "minnesotamom" and find out! :)

Greta said...

Heidi! I love receiving comments from my friend Amber, but it's fun to see comments from other people too! :) (Amber is my most faithful blog reader/commenter) Now I'll have to check your blog out, too! Have a good day!

Greta said...

p.s. I work at McKinley